FAQs for New Students

Getting Your Immigration Documents

Important Note:
You must accept your offer of admission before OISS can begin the immigration document process by sending you the New Student Survey.

Visas and the Visa Process

If you have not been able to find answers to your questions related to the visa process (not related to receiving your I-20/DS-2019; we address that question in the 'Getting Your Immigration Document' section at the top), please contact your designated OISS adviser.


Spouses or Dependents Joining You in the U.S.

Important Note:
Only children under the age of 21 and spouses who can provide proof of marriage to the Department of State are eligible for an F-2 or J-2 dependent visa.

Other Questions and Ways to Contact Us

If you have additional questions not answered here: