Transferring to Yale for J-1 Students

About Transferring

An Exchange Visitor may transfer from one designated Exchange Visitor program to another designated program in the same J-1 category. Students seeking to change J-1 program sponsors, either to attend a different school or to shift sponsorship from one program (such as Fulbright) to the Yale Exchange Visitor program, must complete the transfer of J-1 programs protocols prior to the end date as noted on the form DS-2019.

Transferring to Yale

Students who have been accepted to an academic program at Yale and who are currently in the U.S. in the same J-1 program category must complete the Transfer In Verification Form and submit it to OISS. Yale will issue your DS-2019 when this form is received and your “transfer release date” has been reached. All new students must report to OISS within 15 days of your transfer release date in order to complete the transfer. Yale students holding J-1 sponsorship from a different program sponsor who seek to transfer to Yale's J-1 program, must consult with OISS.