Welcome to OISS Connect!
OISS Connect is the system OISS uses to collect data, issue visa documents, and manage scholar (and student) records throughout their period of Yale sponsorship. Departments will use OISS Connect to initiate the process of issuing the initial visa document (New Sponsorship Request form) and to provide updates on the scholars’ status, including extensions, throughout the appointment. OISS Connect is also used by scholars (and students) to provide OISS information and documents and to make a variety of visa requests.
Google Chrome is the preferred browser for OISS Connect. Below you will find resources for getting started in OISS Connect and for the various departmental transactions that can be completed in OISS Connect. On the FAQ page you will find resources for troubleshooting problems that you may experience.
What Requests Can I Make in OISS Connect?
- J-1 Research Scholars, Short-Term Scholars and Student Interns: New Sponsorship Request (NSR) for new appointments, and other functions for delayed arrivals, extensions for active J-1 scholars and early departures notifications
- New F-1 OPT, STEM OPT, TN, and non-Yale J-1 (JO) employees: complete the New Sponsorship Request form to create an active record
- NSR Requests for the first time H-1B at Yale (new hires or current employees on another visa): The department must submit a New Sponsorship Request (NSR) via OISS. Once the submitted NSR is accepted, your OISS adviser will email both the department and the prospective H-1B employee with next-step instructions. This will include access to a cloud folder for you to upload the required documents. OISS Connect is not used to submit and collect the required documents.
- OISS Connect is not used for requests for the current H-1B employees at Yale (e.g., extension, title change, department change, etc.): When the department notifies your OISS adviser for any of the actions noted above, OISS will create a new record. The department does not need to submit an NSR submission via OISS Connect. Your OISS adviser will then send emails with next-step instructions to both the department and the current H-1B employee,. This includes access to a cloud folder for you to upload the required documents. OISS Connect is not used to submit and collect the required documents.
Getting Started with OISS Connect
- Not a registered OISS Connect Department User? (i.e. did not receive a system email from email@example.com(link sends e-mail)). Contact your OISS adviser
- Sign up for OISS Connect training. For step-by-step resources about OISS Connect, please see the subpages for this and the 'Inviting a Scholar' sections
- Requesting Access and First Login – a guide for first time users
- Setting Up Your Account – configuring your OISS Connect account
- Take a Tour of OISS Connect – an overview of OISS Connect
- New Sponsorship Request – the first step in inviting a scholar (https://oiss.yale.edu/for-departments/inviting-a-scholar/new-sponsorship-request)
- FAQ – troubleshooting problems in OISS Connect.