New Students: SSN and ITIN

Yale mascot handsome dan wearing an american themed hat New international students in F-1 or J-1 visa status being paid by the university (e.g. compensation, taxable scholarship, fellowship, prize or award) are advised to take the steps listed below as soon as possible in the first semester.

More information about Social Security Numbers and the application process is available on this page.