Spring Schedule for OISS English Conversation Groups
This spring, we are excited to offer the Yale community an in-person schedule of English Conversation sessions.
Who is eligible to participate?
- Please email Associate Director, Molly Hampton, to be added to our English Conversation Groups
- Yale students, scholars, or their family members
- These classes are for adults only; please do not bring your children with you to class
At these sessions you can expect to:
- practice your English conversational skills
- check in and connect with other international community members
- get to know local volunteers who lead the sessions
Please review the schedule below for the semester. There is no registration needed for these sessions, you can simply show-up to attend, but please confirm your eligibility above and email Molly Hampton before you start attending.
These sessions will begin on Monday, January 22 and run until Thursday, May 9, 2024.
- All sessions will take place from 1:15-2:15pm. Please note that OISS will be closed from 12-1pm every day for lunch, so please don't arrive any earlier than 1pm for the sessions.
- All sessions will take place downstairs at OISS, 421 Temple Street.
- Mondays - Facilitator Ron
- Tuesdays - no sessions
- Wednesdays - Facilitator Suzanne
- Thursdays - Facilitator Michael
- Fridays - OISS Graduate Intern
The ELP was created specifically to support the English language academic and professional development needs of Yale students and scholars. The ELP offers academic courses in speaking, writing, vocabulary, Teaching in the American Classroom, and Professional Communication Skills to prepare students for their academic classes, teaching, professional presentations, and careers beyond Yale. The twelve-week courses meet in the Center for Language Study (CLS) Well-equipped multimedia facilities with specialized software and self-study material are also available for use in the CLS by Yale international students and scholars with a valid ID.
Offered during Yale Summer Session B, these non-credit summer certificate programs offer international students the opportunity to participate in the classroom experience offered by our amazing instructors. You'll improve your English and develop skills that will help you with your academic or professional careers.
Additional English Language Programs in the Community
Please see our English Resources & Adult Education page for more programs & resources.