To begin your OPT application follow these steps in sequential order:
- Review all subjects in our OPT web guide.
- Fill out the application forms (G-1145 and I-765) and prepare all materials.
- Create and submit an Optional Practical Training (OPT) request in OISS Connect.
- Confirm completion of your academic approval in your OISS Connect request.
- After completing steps 1 - 4 you should email your OISS adviser for next steps. Due to COVID-19 closures your adviser will need to email you a copy of your I-20 and send the original to your U.S. residential location.
- Mail your completed application to USCIS.