The Yale NetID which is provided to most Yale students and scholars by their school or department, allows access to the campus network and many University systems. Information Technology Services (ITS) at Yale can answer questions relating to NetIDs or Yale network connectivity.
- WiFi is available for free on campus, including in Yale's International Center and many other locations around campus and the New Haven area. Consult the Yale ITS or New Haven WiFi Guide to find convenient locations.
- On-Campus Connectivity: A no-cost Ethernet connection is provided in each Yale dormitory room. If there are problems with the connection, contact the Student Technology Collaborative.
- Off-Campus Connectivity: To obtain high-speed cable or broad-band DSL Internet service in your off-campus residence or graduate apartment, you will need to consult one of the outside providers in the area, such as Frontier or Comcast. Yale University does not offer high-speed Internet access in any off-campus housing.
Help Desk Support
The ITS Help Desk is a technical support team that provides computing support services over the phone and via email.
- Call (203) 785-3200 or (203) 432-9000, Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit the ITS Help Desk Web page.