Report Your Address

The Immigration & Nationality Act (INA § 265, 8 U.S.C. 1305) requires all nonimmigrants and permanent residents, including international students, scholars, and their families, to report any change of residential address in the U.S. to the federal government.

F-1 & J-1 Students

Update your addresses in the Student Information System (SIS). OISS will pass this information onto DHS.

Non-Yale J-1 Student?

You must also report your change of address to your sponsor.


Update Your Address in SIS Now

Click here for detailed instructions about how to use SIS [PDF].

J-1 Scholars

Use our online form to update your address. OISS will pass this information on to DHS.



Find your category below for address update information

Yale Graduate on OPT

No longer using OPT?
F-1 students who are authorized for OPT but no longer using OPT status are required to submit this information to OISS.


Yale Graduate on AT


Non-Yale Graduate on OPT


Non-Yale Student on CPT


Non-Yale Student on Academic Training


Including H-1B, O-1, TN and U.S. Permanent Residents

1. Update your address with OISS:
2. Update your address with USCIS at by completing the online AR 11 form. You must report a change of address to USCIS within 10 days of moving.


Complete the online AR 11 form now