If you are a student on F-1 OPT, remember to submit updates about your employment to OISS! Please also send us an update on any changes in your residential address, visa status, or biographical information.
OISS Connect OPT Update Pro Tip
When you click the link below you will see that there are six different types of “OPT reports” in each update. You must click into each report and answer the first question whether it applies to you or not, and then submit the overall request for us to be notified of your OPT update. If you only complete one of the reports and do not submit the overall request, your OISS adviser will not be notified of your submission.
Question: When Do I Need to Submit an OPT Update?
Answer: Within 10 days of any of the following:
- Start of employment (ideally you should report as soon as possible once your OPT is approved to prevent SEVIS counting days of unemployment)
- End of employment
- Change of employers
- Current employer changes name and/or address
- Change of Visa Status (e.g. to H-1B)
- Change in residential address
- Update to biographical information (e.g. name, surname, etc.)
- Leaving the U.S. and not intending to use OPT anymore