Emergency Information

Firetruck in street

What to Do in a Crisis

Whether in need of immediate or on-going support in a time of crisis, there are many resources for getting the help you need. If you are in a crisis situation and don't know where to turn, but need someone who can listen and help you solve your problem, you can always contact OISS. An adviser is always available to meet with you in person - no appointment necessary.

Travel Emergencies When Returning to the U.S.

  • Please keep up to date with university announcements regarding COVID-19, including international travel.
  • If you have left the U.S. without your I-20 or DS-2019 or if the OISS signature is more than 12 months old, email your OISS adviser. To request that a new visa document be shipped to you, see the instructions below.

Yale/New Haven Emergency Contact Information

In the event of an emergency or crisis (personal or otherwise) dial 911. You can dial 911 from any phone.

Stay Informed & Sign Up for Alerts