On-Campus Housing

On-campus housing is available for degree-seeking students. If you are a visiting scholar or non-degree student, please see our off-campus housing page.

Yale College Students

First year Yale College students will be assigned to one of the fourteen residential colleges in July. During your first year, if you are in Silliman, Timothy Dwight, Franklin, or Murray, you will live in your own college just like the upperclassmen. If you are in Branford, Berkeley, Davenport, Ezra Stiles, Hopper, Jonathan Edwards, Morse, Pierson, Saybrook, or Trumbull, you will live on Old Campus and move to your college in your sophomore year. While most Yale College students will live on campus for four years, some juniors and seniors choose to live off campus.

Graduate and Professional (G&P) Students

Graduate and Professional (G&P) students seeking a Yale degree can find information about on-campus housing through Yale Housing. On-campus housing is limited, so many G&P students (including non-degree students) live off-campus and rent an apartment, house, or room, which is available in a range of prices, situations, and conditions.  You can also find an important calendar of key dates on Yale Housing.

On-campus housing application becomes available on April 22nd and stays open until mid-summer. The earlier you apply, the higher your chances of finding on-campus housing.