Know Your Rights

Non-immigrants (including F, J, H-1B, O-1 visa holders) do have certain constitutional rights in the U.S. when confronted by local or federal authorities. Any member of the Yale community may contact OISS to speak to an advisor about a specific interaction with local or federal government, or general concerns about rights as a non-citizen. There are a number of resources available, and some of them in several different languages.

American Immigration Lawyer Association Know Your Rights
(in English, Haitian Creole, Chinese, Arabic, Spanish and Portuguese)

American Civil Liberties Union; What to do if you are stopped by police, immigration agents, or the FBI