Letter Requests

Courier Services

Need to have OISS send you an immigration document? Choose a courier service below for specific instructions:  Please note OISS can no longer accept DHL labels.  Please select FedEx or UPS.   Here is how it works:

  1. Go to study.eshipglobal.com and create a request
  2. Pay for the shipping by credit card, Paypal or wire transfer
  3. OISS processes and ships the package
  4. Carrier picks up and delivers
  5. Any problems, call UEMS at 1-800-816-1615

NOTE: If you are unable to complete a shipping label, you may make alternative arrangements with a local Yale affiliate (friend, department administrator, school admissions or registrar office) to come to OISS, pick-up the document, and ship it to you. Please inform OISS of the details if you plan to have the documents picked up at OISS so that we can have them ready.

Applying for a Social Security Number

When applying for a U.S. Social Security number, you will need a letter from OISS confirming your Yale related immigration status and employment eligibility.  This letter is available at the OISS front desk.

Enrollment Verification

Students may request an Enrollment Verification Letter from the Registrar of your school.  Please follow these instructions.

Employment Verification

You may request a letter confirming your employment at Yale by emailing employee.services@yale.edu.

Invitation Letter for a Family Member

The U.S. Department of State has informed us that it is not necessary or even useful to present a letter of invitation from Yale when your parents, siblings or other family members are applying for a U.S. tourist visa. Guidance on assisting your family member’s application for a U.S. tourist visa can be found here.