The International Center for Yale Students and Scholars can be reserved to host a variety of events, programs and meetings. The physical space is flexible and can be arranged to accommodate many different room setups.
- Reservations are accepted only from Yale student groups and departments and are granted at the discretion of OISS staff.
- Apart from OISS-sponsored programs and events, we give first priority to room requests by Yale's international and cross-cultural student, scholar, and spouse organizations and groups. We do our best to accommodate other requests.
- The International Center (IC) is open during the academic year from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday; 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday. During breaks the IC closes daily at 5 pm.
- Use of the facilities is limited during OISS business hours (i.e., use of the kitchen, playing music, etc.).
- The IC may also be available for events outside of the hours listed above, pending the availability of student employees to monitor the space. Additionally, a $50 deposit is required to reserve the space outside of normal open hours.
- By law, the first floor of the IC can accommodate standing-room groups of up to 119 people and up to 56 people for a seated event. A variety of layouts are offered in the Room Reservation Request Form.
- The IC has a full kitchen, with stovetop, double ovens, refrigerator, microwave and dishwasher.
- Some media equipment is available by request (LCD projector, projection screen and laptop connectivity, microphone, karaoke machine). Groups must bring their own laptops and any necessary adapter cables.
- Off-street parking is available along Temple Street and Whitney Avenue. The parking lot in front of the IC is open to the public after 5:30 pm on weekdays and all day on weekends.
For more information or if you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.