Taxes & Legal Matters

The 2017 FNTR Non-Resident Tax Preparation software will not be available until the end of February 2018.  When it becomes available OISS will update the web site and send an email to all active students and scholars with information about how to access the software.

New Students Should Apply for Social Security Number or ITIN

New international students were given information at their orientation about applying for a Social Security Number, or an International Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN.) If you will be paid by Yale or become eligible for a tax benefit it is important to secure one of these numbers in your first semester at Yale.