Newsletter & Social Media
Yale is a place of great intellectual and creative depth and breadth, with an extraordinary range of activities to participate in and places to visit. There is so much happening on campus and in New Haven that it can be easy to miss news and events of interest.
✓ OISS Newsletter
OISS distributes a weekly e-newsletter every Thursday during the academic year to keep you informed about changes in U.S. immigration and tax regulations, activities and programs at the International Center and elsewhere around campus, and general updates that may be helpful to you during your stay at Yale.
Note: If you have a Yale NetID you'll be asked to login through CAS. If you do not have a Yale NetID, you'll be asked to set up an account using a non-Yale email address.
Click the checkbox next to our newsletter list, then click “Save”.
✓ Sign Up for Yale Alerts
- Follow these instructions to sign up for Yale Alerts via phone, text messaging, and e-mail.
- Register for City of New Haven alerts as well.
- Be aware of New Haven traffic and parking advisories.
- Browse this list of New Haven emergency resources.
✓ Social Media
- Check out our Facebook page to keep up with International Center events and information from OISS.
- See our Instagram for recent photos.
- Subscribe to our Twitter feed for news, updates, and event highlights.
- Our EventBrite listing has ticket sales and event registrations.
The Office of Public Affairs & Communications manages Yale’s official social media channels:
Current Yale staff members can sign up for the Yale Social Media Community email list for information about brown bag sessions & other events.
✓ More Email Groups
The McDougal Center’s Office for Graduate Student Life (GSL) sends weekly announcements of interest to Grad/Prof students and Postdocs & spouses/partners in its McDougal Grad Life Notes. Events are also posted on their Web Calendar.
- To sign up for the McDougal Grad Life Notes, visit this link.
- For families with kids, the McDougal Family E-Notes are sent monthly. Sign up here.
Yale University Subscription Service
Use your NetID to subscribe to receive updates from a variety of campus organizations and offices, including the Graduate and Professional Student Senate (GPSS), Whitney Humanities Center, Center for British Art, Art Gallery, and more! Those without a NetID may also subscribe.
The Yale Email Subscription Service can help keep you up-to-date about Yale and New Haven happenings by providing a central listing of e-newsletters and other electronic communications produced by university departments, organizations, and affinity groups. You can use the service to sign up for publications and notices of interest to you, ranging from arts and cultural newsletters to athletic events to New Haven news and events.
Many new offerings have been added in the past year, so please visit the service’s website to see what’s new, and to review and update your current subscriptions. (If you’re happy with your current subscriptions, you don’t need to take further action.) The service is also open to the public so feel free to share with your friends outside of Yale. As always, you can read about upcoming events in the University Calendar and Yale Arts Calendar.