Yale departments often find it necessary to extend a scholar's Yale appointment.
Extensions require new immigration documents. OISS typically requires the following information in order to extend a scholar appointment:
- New appointment end date
- Updated funding information/confirmation for the duration of the new appointment
- Additional requirements may be necessary depending on the scholar's visa status.
How to Extend a Scholar Appointment
Select the current visa status of the scholar you wish to extend, below.
- Login to ISD, search for Visitor, and locate the scholar's record.
- Provide a new 'appointment end date' under the Appointment category.
DO NOT delete the current funding amounts you see in ISD. Simply add the new funds to funds currently displayed. (i.e., if current funds = 30000, and new funding = 30000, enter 60000)
Proof/Certification of any non-Yale funding must be uploaded to the ISD record.
- Resubmit the record to OISS:
Click on the Tasks tab
Click Review and Submit Visitor’s Information
H-1B Temporary Worker
H-1B extension instructions for the Yale department can be found on the H-1B section of this website.
Other Visa Types
We recommend that you contact the OISS and speak with an advisor to get specific extension instructions.